Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coastal Scents 88 palette, A Love Story

Ah, the ubiquitous Coastal Scents palette...I figured I'd start my beauty blogging journey with this product since it was one of my first big makeup purchases. Yay nostalgia! I remember being so excited to receive this palette way back in the day when I first started to dabble in brighter makeup. My palette has received quite a bit of love through the years, and I have obviously replaced it as to avoid bacteria. Even though I've tried and loved many more expensive eyeshadows since, I must say that I still love my CS palette just as much. The colors are rich and pigmented, the variety is terrific, and it truly is every makeup afficionado's dream.

Excuse the crappy picture.

 Many makeup snobs are quick to dismiss this palette, but I still have a lot of respect for this palette. It's got a terrific assortment of colors and it's just so fun to play around with. No, these aren't Makeup For Ever quality, but you can't expect that at this price. Paired with a good primer, this palette easily competes with much more expensive shadows.

Excuse my squeeing over this palette, I'm just such a big fan. Talking about it just brings back fond memories of being a budding makeup artist, attempting to create rainbows on my eyelids.


Here are some swatches of some of my favorite and most used colors in the palette. Keep in mind that I have the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette, therefore the shadows are ultra shimmery.



GORGEOUS.

Overall, I highly recommend this palette. Obviously. Yes, this is cheap but it's quality is amazing and it continues to impress me, years after using much more professional makeup brands. You might want to do some research on this one if you prefer using natural products, because natural this is not, but otherwise, I find little not to like about this palette. If you haven't give it a shot. It's $20 well spent.

- Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment