Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pretty Things That I Own, Part I

Confession: I have a serious addiction to accessories. Don't we all.
But seriously, I fucking love me some jewelry (pardon my expletives! but get used to them), specifically weird, gaudy jewelry. I've always adored costume jewelry and collect it like a madwoman. I prefer unique, handmade pieces or ones with an artistic touch to them.
Most importantly, I like my jewelry inexpensive.

One of my favorite accessories to hoard and collect are lucite rings. I remember liking these as a child because they were cheap. chunky, and colorful.

Candy? Or awesome accessory? Only one way to find out...

They look delicious and I always envied the girls who had these. My love of them remains, but I prefer slightly more grown up designs now. Only slightly. Here's a peek of my current collection.


Totally fun, amirite? I love to wear these with an otherwise plain outfit for a quirky punch of color. These are actually handpainted. I love how they look like little paintings on my hands. For those of you in Wshington DC, I actually purchased many of my lucite rings at the National Building Musesum Shop. To non-Washingtonians, that sounds like a mere museum gift shop, but it's an awesome, unique store of it's own. If you ever find yourself in DC, YOU MUST GO.

There's also a shop online I found a while ago called The Carrot Box that sells an amazing selection of these. Love!

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment