Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Maybelline Bouncy Blush Review

Bouncy blush?
Yes, I didn't know what the hell that meant at first. My best description of these new blushes by Maybelline is that they're not quite a cream, not quite a powder. They're weird, in a good way.

Shades I purchased, clockwise: Orchid Hush, Plum Wine, Coffee Cake

They look very creamy, bit are strangely pliable to the touch. I've heard many people describe these as cream to powder type of blush, but I don't think that's so. They feel like cream blush when applying, but the color shows up more softly, like a stain blush. Obviously, the darker colors go on more strongly, but it's still not as overwhelming and stark as it looks in the pan.


To me, these are best applied with a sponge. I've tried applying them with a stippling brush, but due to the strange moist yet solid texture, that doesn't seem to do the trick. They could also be applied with your fingers, but they just apply more evenly with a sponge.

These blushes don't have the greatest staying power, but they can definitely survive a normal 8 hour day with minimal wear. I purchased them at Ulta for about $7, on a buy one get one free sale, with a $2 coupon. I think I got a pretty good deal! If you're a fan on soft blush colors, give these squishy little things a try.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment